Git Fusion 2015.2 – Major Performance Improvements
The latest release of Git Fusion includes major improvements to initial push performance,
support for case-insensitive environments, and better audit log analysis to support Helix Threat
Detection. Other new functionality includes:
- New fast-import feature with up to 1,000% increase in speed
- Greatly reduced memory consumption for large repos
- Fully populated branches with automatic de-duplication to save disk space
Helix Threat Detection Version 3.0.0 – Improved Risk Visibility
The latest release of Helix Threat Detection gives better visibility into potential theft by
providing more detailed user behavior comparisons to normal baseline activities.
Other new features include:
- Enhanced performance (faster ingestion of log data)
- Improved installation and setup experience
- The ability to override the built-in bot detection
P4VS Simships with Visual Studio 2015
The Helix Plugin for Visual Studio, P4VS 2015.1, is now available for Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise Edition
and Community Edition. This latest release provides faster performance, especially for remote users or
large projects, and supports the free Community Edition of Visual Studio for the first time.
Download P4VS 2015.1 | Release Notes
Helix Versioning Engine 2015.2 (P4D) Beta – Try Our Enhancements to
DVCS, Clustering, Streams and Performance
The upcoming release of the Helix Versioning Engine (P4D) enhances the scalability, security and performance
if its enterprise-ready capabilities. New functionality includes:
- Enhanced distributed version control (DVCS) features for efficient merges,
changelist correlation, push/fetch triggers and support in the C++ API
- Streams enhancements to support hierarchical depot paths, versioned specifiers
and import @label to simplify management of components
- Improved LDAP support, UTF8 Unicode handling and faster performance
- Improved clustering reliability and recovery for greater up time
Perforce Tutorial Video Library – New Videos Now Available
New video tutorials are now available from the Perforce Tutorial Video Library:
- Distributed Versioning: Covers how to use distributed versioning to collaborate via
a central repository while simultaneously having your own disconnected personal repository
- Using the Helix Visual Client - P4V: Features 3-5 minute, topic-specific
video segments updated to refer to the latest P4V interface
by clicking the “Download” link on any video.
Upcoming Changes to Our Support Policies
Please note that effective January 1, 2016, we will update our support policies.
For our server products, our standard practice will be to support the latest releases as well as
earlier versions for two years after their initial availability. As an example, we will support
Helix Versioning Engine (P4D) 2015.1 for two years after its March 25, 2015, general availability.
For our desktop and web apps, our practice will be to support latest releases as well as earlier
versions for one year after their initial availability. For example, we will support Helix P4V 2014.3
for one year after its February 4, 2015, general availability.
Please remember to upgrade to our latest product releases regularly to take full advantage of our
ongoing innovations and to ensure you are always on a supported release.
We will provide additional information on our new support policies in the coming weeks.
Sign Up for Monthly Product Updates
You can sign up to receive monthly product updates by email in the Communication Center.