mister_wilson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:17 PM

Hi,

I am currently using P4V [Rev. Perforce Visual Client/NTX64/2014.3/1007540] and I've encountered two separate issues with the "Reconcile Offline Work"/p4 reconcile operation that I think are possible bugs.

1. P4V GUi does not inform us if reconciled files are locked by another user.
If a user has a file exclusively locked in P4V and another user tries to reconcile the same file after tampering with it (i.e.: remove read-only flag and add/remove content to/from the file), the P4V GUi does not inform the user that the file is locked (i.e.: in the Log window). Instead P4V actually pops-up a message saying that no files need to be reconciled (see attached screenshot for popup). However the p4 command line "p4 reconcile -f //depot/branch/fileToReconcile.extension" correctly displays the error message "...can't edit exclusive file already opened". I even tried checking the log file that i create through P4V but couldn't find any error message there either.

2. Running p4 reconcile -a on files that exist in perforce but not synched will "open files for add"
If I create a file in a proper p4 workspace area that already exists in perforce which I have NOT synched yet and then run "p4 reconcile -a //depot/branch/created_file.extension", the file will be "opened for ADD" in perforce. I'm not sure if this is indeed the intended behavior of perforce but it feels wrong to me. I was expecting perforce to know that the file already exists and its HEAD revision is not a delete and therefore open the file for EDIT whether I have the file synched or not. And of course perforce (P4V or p4 command line) will fail when trying to submit files opened for add that already exist in perforce.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks,

-Jonathan

Attached Thumbnails

• no-reconcile.png

#2 mister_wilson

mister_wilson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:35 PM

Just a small update, through other means I was able to escalate this to support@perforce.com where they have confirmed my issues to be bugs and will be eventually fixed.
Unfortunately I don't have the case number(s).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: P4V, p4 reconcile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users