• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 palimon

palimon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:06 PM

I'm switch to P4 from SVN because of integration within Unity, so this is only my second day working with P4.  I got my server set up and can connect within Unity.  I set up and prepopulated my workspace using the P4V program.  I seem to have gotten most kinks out, but I'm still receiving messages about path access errors.  Here's one:

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\hdspace\perforce\Unity Project\UnityVS.Unity Project.CSharp.Plugins.csproj" is denied.
System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/FileStream.cs:320)
System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
(wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path, Boolean append, System.Text.Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/StreamWriter.cs:124)
System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor (System.String path, Boolean append, System.Text.Encoding encoding)
(wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.StreamWriter:.ctor (string,bool,System.Text.Encoding)
System.IO.File.WriteAllText (System.String path, System.String contents, System.Text.Encoding encoding) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:626)
SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.Project.WriteFileIfNecessary (System.String fileName, System.String content)
SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.ProjectSystem.ProjectFile.WriteIfNecessary (SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.FileGenerationHandler generationHandler)
SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.ProjectFilesGenerator.GenerateProjectFiles (SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.ProjectSystem.UnitySolution solution)
SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.ProjectFilesGenerator.GenerateProject ()
SyntaxTree.VisualStudio.Unity.Bridge.Project+<>c__DisplayClass3.<RunOnceOnUpdate>b__2 ()
UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorApplicationBindings.gen.cs:264)

Also, I'm unable to save .cs files I've opened and modified.

What would the source of this be?  Unity?  Perforce?  I don't see any obvious permission settings in P4V or P4Connect.

Thanks, Jonathan

#2 palimon

palimon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:41 PM

Figured this one out myself and feel like an idiot :).  You have to manually check out files/projects before you can edit them using Perforce, which is not the case in SVN.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users