3 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew DeFaria

Andrew DeFaria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:12 AM

Git Fusion asks for a superuser when setting it up. It wants a user that has super privileges to the Perforce server involved. Now I could use my username but I don't want to (I'm just a consultant here). Do I really need to burn a Perforce license on a superuser service type of account?

Hmmm... I found a super account that I can use but the question's still kinda interesting...

#2 P4JoelK

P4JoelK

• Staff Moderators
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:34 PM

It asks for a superuser account during setup because it needs to run some commands that require super access (e.g. p4 depot .git-fusion).  It does not need the super account for normal operation.  The git-fusion-user account created is an admin account.  It is a licensed account, but Sales will provide a background license for it if requested (N/A for 20/20).  The service users it creates are not included in the license count.

#3 gorthib

gorthib

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:57 PM

I setup p4 git-fusion and git push is not getting replicated in p4.

It throws errors with the following errors:

git-fusion[52153]: p4gf_auth_update_authorized_keys ERROR P4 exception occurred: [P4#run] Errors during command execution( "p4 client -o" )#012#012#011[Error]: 'Perforce password (P4PASSWD) invalid or unset.'#012

Does git-fusion-user need ssh credentials?
I set passwd and still throws the same error. Any help appreciated.

#4 P4Karl

P4Karl

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:07 PM

Hi,

Both the Git Fusion server and the Git Fusion Perforce triggers have users that need to be logged into Perforce. Please see:

https://www.perforce...tion_n2n_4pd_ck

If you are still having a problem and have a valid support contract please contact 'support@perforce.com' so that we can assist further.

Regards,

Karl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users