3 replies to this topic

#1 hatters

hatters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:56 AM

Hi there,

I don't know if it's due to upgrading to Windows 10, or due to upgrading to P4V verison NTX64/2014.3/1007540, but I can no longer drap and drop files from explorer into a changelist to mark for add - the cursor just changes to the invalid operation cursor.

If I try to drop to anywhere else within the "Pending" window, I get the drag&drop icon for copy, which crashes P4V.

Info:
My clientspec root is to the root of a subst drive ( Z:\ mapped to e:\Projects ), and I am trying to drag from a path contained within the root.
The depot itself isn't stream enabled, but the server does contain streams, of which I do have other clientspecs for, all also on within the same root path.
Neither dragging folders or dragging files works in any quantity or mix.

Anyone had the same issues?

thanks

#2 rhargrove

rhargrove

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:47 PM

We are also seeing this issue with fresh installations of Windows 10 and P4V version:

Rev. Perforce Visual Client/NTX64/2015.2/1312139

Please fix this issue, many of our developers use drag and drop to add files.

#3 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:52 AM

One of our users found the problem and the workaround!

I just randomly found out on 2015.2 that if you drag the file into the changelist from the top, left, or right EXACTLY one pixel into the bounding box, the 'copy' (add) dialog will show up and works as intended.

But if you move it at all further into the bounding box of the changelist, it'll go away and will remain a 'cannot operate on this' until you completely leave the changelist and enter it again.

#4 honk

honk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:04 PM

I'm working at a big company and most of my colleagues are having this problem. It is new with new version of perforce and not because of Win10 (It did work for me before my last upgrade to latest perforce version)

I tried the pixel thing and I indeed can also drag in at exactly a certain pixel line.. but when I release the button I get this dialog.

$APP could not add 1 item.
<showing the path of the file>
$APP can only accept files and folders that are under the workspace root: $WORKSPACE_ROOT

The interesting thing is that if I compare the paths showing in P4V by manually going there in the workspace folder tree it looks like this:
d:\Dev\DevCoreWork\TnT\Code\Engine\Engine.build

and the path that shows in the error dialog looks like this:
D:/dev/DevCoreWork/TnT/Code/Engine/Engine.build

So maybe this problem is related to forward vs backward slashes.. drive casing etc.

The even more weird thing is that if I take the path showing in P4V, copy paste it in to a notepad file, move p4v to another path just to change the path.. then manually pasting in the path in to the edit window again I get a dialog showing:
"The folder d:\dev\DevCoreWork\TnT\Code\Engine is not located within the filtered view of the tree"... even though I was just in there a few seconds ago creating the path from p4v itself (but copy-pasted it in to notepad in between)

Something is really weird with latest P4V (Rev. P4V/NTX64/2017.1/1491634)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Windows 10, P4V, Explorer, Drag and Drop, P4V Explorer Drag Drop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users