• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tryz

tryz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:52 AM

Can P4Connect handle multiple depots? Meaning depot1 for Unity Project #1, depot2 for Unity Project #2, etc.

After more reading this morning, it seems like having a depot for each Unity project may be the way to go. Otherwise, all Unity projects merge into the same depot structure.

However, after creating a new depot (depot2 as a test) and a workspace, P4Connect won't submit files to it.

In fact, P4V gives me a "file(s) not in view" warning if I try to submit using it.

I think it has to do with the workspace mappings. With a single default depot, the client expression is "//Test_04/..."

With multiple depots, it's "//Test_04/depot2/..."

Any help would be appreciated!

#2 tryz

tryz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:33 PM

Figured it out with a lot of trial and error. I can't say it's very obvious or that it's documented well (based on my searches), but...

When setting up your workspace, there's a "Workspace Mappings" section. In there, I saw my two depots (depot and depot2). I switched to the "text" view and edited the text to be this...

//depot2/... //Test_04/...

With that done, both P4V and PConnect pointed to the desired depot (depot2) and I was able to submit files.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depot, unity, multiple projects

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users