4 replies to this topic

#1 Kei Son

Kei Son

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:01 AM

Can I use P4V to visualize the current status of cloned personal server?

#2 madelaney

madelaney

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:24 PM

Sadly, at the moment, P4v doesn't support the DVCS feature "naturally". You can hack it to work but it's not very straight forward.

#3 myocom

myocom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 06:47 PM

So...what's the hack?  I've seen a few references to it, but nobody seems to have published it yet.

#4 Patrick B

Patrick B

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:34 PM

On windows, you can just open a new connection manually and insert the string you see in p4port within the config file into the port parameter.  You may have to specify the full path instead of $configdir, I don't recall.
You can also set p4v to open its connection based on the 'current config' and then launch p4v from a shell within your dvcs dir.
In general it works fine (it's a full perforce server after all) but there were some issues I ran into where it kinda got lost.  Like if there are fetch'd resolves and the like.

#5 myocom

myocom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:46 PM

Aha. I'd tried that before, but got "Partner exited unexpectedly".  Starting p4v from the command line, explicitly specifying the port with -p "rsh:p4d.exe ..." worked just fine.

Well, it connected just fine, but I see what you mean about it having issues. :-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p4v, dvcs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users