No replies to this topic

#1 michael

michael

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:55 PM

Hello!

I skimmed through the forums in search of this feature request, but didn't find it. Time for a new topic!

One workflow hurdle for users of Swarm is managing comments received in email and having to respond to them in the Swarm web interface. My colleagues and I would greatly benefit from the ability to respond to Swarm notification emails generated by comments *directly*, in order to respond. For a comment notification, an email response should be posted to the same line number+file in the review (so it threads correctly). Otherwise, email responses should be attached to the overall list of review comments.

I can elaborate more if this isn't clear. It seems like a simple feature though - I know AirBnB does something like this, and I think LinkedIn does as well.

Extra details:
I don't think quotation of the notification would be necessary, but perhaps there is some value to that. Also, somehow there'd have to be a conversion from the HTML email format back to text? That's an implementation detail though, we're really just interested in the convenience of being able to respond to a comment from email. :)

Thanks!
Michael

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: feature, swarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users