2 replies to this topic

#1 revoconner

revoconner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:24 PM

Hey,
Not sure this is a good place to ask or not as I'm new here. I am very new to source control and I am using perforce for a game I am making.

I set up the server on amazon web services on a linux platform and everything works fine, except I can't figure out how to change the default port to a port number of my choice. 1666 is not accessible by one of our team member as he does have access rights to his college router.

I have SSH access to the server. I get this error with p4 command lines on the SSH. Please help!

#2 Domenic

Domenic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:13 PM

View Postrevoconner, on 18 October 2015 - 09:24 PM, said:

I have SSH access to the server. I get this error with p4 command lines on the SSH. Please help!

Which error? :)

I don't know if AWS hosted servers are any different, but check out http://www.perforce....html#DB5-40859. How you do it for your AWS instance will depend on how you're starting p4d.

#3 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:22 PM

I set up the server on amazon web services on a linux platform and everything works fine, except I can't figure out how to change the default port to a port number of my choice. 1666 is not accessible by one of our team member as he does have access rights to his college router.

To change the server port, stop the Perforce server then restart it with the new port number. Make  sure all clients connecting update their P4PORT settings to reflect the new port number. Otherwise consider setting an alias for the new port to match that of the old port, so that your users won't have to change their P4PORT settings. http://www.perforce.....html#DB5-63696

Please send the exact command you ran along with the error received, in order for us to help trouble-shoot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: server, port

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users