1 reply to this topic

#1 paul6294

paul6294

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:20 PM

Hello,

This is my first posting on Perforce, so please near with me.

I have a number of OSX clients that access a Perforce server running on Windows 2008 Server.  Everything has worked well for around a year now.  However, today, a few of the OSX clients decided to randomly change their hostnames.  The strange thing is, they are changing their hostnames to Windows PC hostnames that are also located on the network.  This issue, I will troubleshoot, however I think that it may take some time and this is not what I am posting on Perforce for assistance for.

Since the OSX clients have changed their hostnames, the users are unable to access the Perforce server.  When accessing it they get the error, your computer hostname does not match the one in the Perforce server (this is not the exact error, I will get this up tomorrow, I just wanted to post something today).  Changing the OSX hostname has no effect on this, the user is unable to log on to Perforce

Is there a way to get Perforce to allow the users to log on to their workspaces with different hostnames?

Thanks,
Paul

#2 Domenic

Domenic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:06 PM

View Postpaul6294, on 19 October 2015 - 04:20 PM, said:

Is there a way to get Perforce to allow the users to log on to their workspaces with different hostnames?

It sounds like the HOST value is set in the client to the old machine name, so you can either remove that or change it to the new hostname. With P4V 2015.1/1233444 it should be under Connection -> Edit Current Workspace -> Advanced. Or if you run 'p4 client' you can just delete / change the current name.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hostname, workspace, access

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users