2 replies to this topic

#1 Alexandre S

Alexandre S

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:27 PM

Hi all !

I'm a newcomer to this forum and this solution and I would like to ask if anyone encountered the same issue as I did and how they worked around it.

Little backstory :
I'm a professional Unity developer who recently chose to use perforce for the versioning and team development of his projects (mostly mobile apps).
Works great ! Very happy with the tool for now.

Recently, I experimented a new Unity feature : Unity Cloud Build.
If you are not familiar with this feature, it allows you to build your projects on Unity build servers, instead of building them on you own computer, which has been a HUGE gain in productivity for me.
All you have to do is provide them the necessary credentials through a dedicated web portal, as well as the access to a versioning server hosting your project (Perforce supported), and there works the magic : in no time, you are provided with installation links for your apps. It's now free for you to test and share them with other testers.
Great feature. Worked perfectly well...

...until last Friday.

Unity Cloud Build stopped making build and threw the following error at me on every attempt from then :

1: com.tek42.perforce.PerforceException:  Can't add client - over license quota. Try deleting old clients with 'client -d'. License count: 20 clients used of 20 licensed.  Additional users/clients may be obtained for evaluation purposes by visiting...  http://www.perforce.com/eval
2: ERROR: Unable to communicate with perforce.  Can't add client - over license quota. Try deleting old clients with 'client -d'. License count: 20 clients used of 20 licensed.  Additional users/clients may be obtained for evaluation purposes by visiting...  http://www.perforce.com/eval
3: Finished: FAILURE

It seams to me that the Unity Cloud Build is detected as a new client on every build... and this client is never used again after the build. This behavior quickly flooded the 20 client limit.

I'm currently using a pro license of Unity, a free membership of Unity Cloud Build, and a free license of Perforce( limited to 20 clients).

When I tried the hint "delete old clients", I found the user list of my perforce server, which currently holds only 3 users, but I did not find the client list.

Where is the perforce server client list ? How can I access it ? How can I edit it ? Can I prevent this kind of issue to happen in the future ? Did it happen to someone else ?

Thank you all in advance for your answers. If you need another log or any other information to help me, I would be happy to provide them.

A.S.

#2 rtande

rtande

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:09 PM

Hi Alexandre,

We're also using Unity Cloud Build and Perforce in a similar way to you and we haven't completely pinned down the logic that UCB uses for creating new workspaces. We avoid the problem of running out of workspaces by regularly clearing out the workspaces created by Unity Cloud Build - you should be able to do this on the Workspaces tab in P4V (CTRL + 5 on PC) rather than the Users tab.

Hope this helps

#3 P4Norman

P4Norman

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • 81 posts
  • LocationOakland CA, USA

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:49 AM

Rtande is correct,  Another way to verify is from the command line,   run "p4 clients" and count the lines,  over 20 and the 20/20 license will expire.
Users are also tracked, and are also limited to 20,  run "p4 users" and count the lines.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Unity, Cloud, License, free

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users