5 replies to this topic

#1 rtande

rtande

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:57 AM

If I sync in P4V while Unity is open then P4Connect will sometimes check out the files that were synced. I haven't been able to completely pin down the exact reproduction steps but it seems easiest to reproduce by syncing a large changelist which causes Unity to bring up the "Hold on" dialog while new assets are being imported. A number of members of our team have seen this behaviour but I haven't seen anyone else mentioning this issue so I don't know if it's a widespread issue or not.

#2 vferguson

vferguson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:16 PM

Hi rtande, I'm not sure exactly what causes this, but on our team we've found that it's important to close down Unity before synching.

#3 P4Norman

P4Norman

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • 81 posts
  • LocationOakland CA, USA

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:56 AM

Unity wants to know about what you are doing.   Syncing files in P4V is unexpected to Unity and can cause problems while it is running.
You can also sync using P4Connect, that should work a little better because we expect the Unity Callback.

vfergusion's advice is probably best,  if you are going to make major changes to a workspace using an external application, close unity first.

#4 rtande

rtande

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 18 November 2015 - 03:24 AM

Thanks for the advice and explanation, Norman and vferguson. My experience has been that to be absolutely safe you have to close Unity whenever Perforce is doing something that Unity doesn't know about such as shelving and reverting files.

Rajan

#5 jiezh

jiezh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:32 AM

sync files using P4Connect in Unity cause Unity crash everytime...

#6 jiezh

jiezh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:33 AM

The P4Connect refresh operation also cause Unity crash....
The latest version is totally unuable due to these issues.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: P4Connect, Unity, Sync

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users