• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ashgabar

Ashgabar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 07:24 AM

So i have been trying to get unity and p4connect to connect to the new helix cloud beta which i have already setup an account and project and i keep getting a bad settings error after looking in the console p4 is telling me that it doesn't not trust the helix server uri and to run the p4 trust command. is there anyway to solve this with out installing the p4 command line client or p4v?

#2 Cascho

Cascho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:06 AM

"This is probably because the Unity client is build with a too old p4lib."

#3 applzor

applzor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:25 AM

Having the same issue, using Unity 5.2.3f1 Personal and P4Connect 2015.3.131.1537-Release. I have a helix server setup (which P4V can connect to), however using P4Connect it just throws the bad seetings at me with the errors:

"Failed to Connect, check ServerURI and Username."

"Win32Exception: ApplicationName='p4', CommandLine='set P4CHARSET', CurrentDirectory=''
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start ()
(wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()
Perforce.P4.P4Server..ctor (System.String server, System.String user, System.String pass, System.String ws_client, System.String cwd) (at c:/tmp/59391429/depot/main/p4-connect/src/P4Bridge/p4api.net/P4Server.internal.cs:374)
Perforce.P4.P4Server..ctor (System.String server, System.String user, System.String pass, System.String ws_client) (at c:/tmp/59391429/depot/main/p4-connect/src/P4Bridge/p4api.net/P4Server.cs:198)
Perforce.P4.Connection.Connect (Perforce.P4.Options options) (at c:/tmp/59391429/depot/main/p4-connect/src/P4Bridge/p4api.net/Connection.cs:238)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
P4Connect.VerifySettings:CheckProjectRoot()
P4Connect.Config:UpdateConfigState(Boolean)
P4Connect.Config:CheckSettings()
P4Connect.Config:OnGuiConnectionPanel()
P4Connect.Config:OnGUISettings()
P4Connect.Config:OnGUI()
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()"

#4 marcogillies

marcogillies

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:52 PM

I get exactly the same error. Anybody made any progress on this?

#5 P4Norman

P4Norman

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • 81 posts
  • LocationOakland CA, USA

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:26 PM

View PostCascho, on 07 January 2016 - 09:06 AM, said:

If you see a p4lib error, it is coming from Unity's own internal Perforce integration, not P4Connect.

Follow up in the Unity forum here:

http://forum.unity3d...-issues.367799/

#6 P4Norman

P4Norman

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • 81 posts
  • LocationOakland CA, USA

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:35 PM

View Postapplzor, on 09 January 2016 - 04:25 AM, said:

Having the same issue, using Unity 5.2.3f1 Personal and P4Connect 2015.3.131.1537-Release. I have a helix server setup (which P4V can connect to), however using P4Connect it just throws the bad seetings at me with the errors:

"Failed to Connect, check ServerURI and Username."

"Win32Exception: ApplicationName='p4', CommandLine='set P4CHARSET', CurrentDirectory=''
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start ()
(wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()
Perforce.P4.P4Server..ctor (System.String server, System.String user, System.String pass, System.String ws_client, System.String cwd) (at c:/tmp/59391429/depot/main/p4-connect/src/P4Bridge/p4api.net/P4Server.internal.cs:374)
Perforce.P4.P4Server..ctor (System.String server, System.String user, System.String pass, System.String ws_client) (at c:/tmp/59391429/depot/main/p4-connect/src/P4Bridge/p4api.net/P4Server.cs:198)
Perforce.P4.Connection.Connect (Perforce.P4.Options options) (at c:/tmp/59391429/depot/main/p4-connect/src/P4Bridge/p4api.net/Connection.cs:238)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
P4Connect.VerifySettings:CheckProjectRoot()
P4Connect.Config:UpdateConfigState(Boolean)
P4Connect.Config:CheckSettings()
P4Connect.Config:OnGuiConnectionPanel()
P4Connect.Config:OnGUISettings()
P4Connect.Config:OnGUI()
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()"

Have you tried setting the CHARSET variable?
Helix Cloud servers are Unicode enabled, so they require CHARSET to be set.

try "utf8" if in doubt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users