• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 kylawl

kylawl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:28 AM

I'm running Windows on a Retina Mackbook Pro with scaling set to 200%.

Although P4V reports to windows that it is DPI aware, all the icons and text are super tiny it's pretty much impossible to use.

As a workaround I've set dpiawareness=0 P4V's qt.conf in order to have (almost everything) render at the correct size. Albeit with some fuzzy text and icons, but better than nothing.  

Added qt.conf
[Platforms]
WindowsArguments = dpiawareness=0

#2 kylawl

kylawl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:45 AM

This is still the case as of

2015.2/1312139

#3 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 09:42 PM

Hi Kyle,

There is an existing enhancement request for P4V to fully support Retina and other high-DPI displays. I have added you to this request. If it becomes implemented you will be notified.

#4 eodabash1

eodabash1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:30 PM

Please add me to the request too. I don't see how this feature could possibly not get implemented, high DPI displays are only going to become increasingly common in the future.

#5 kylawl

kylawl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:26 PM

View Posteodabash1, on 01 April 2016 - 07:30 PM, said:

Please add me to the request too. I don't see how this feature could possibly not get implemented, high DPI displays are only going to become increasingly common in the future.

I think the most bizarre thing is that P4V is built with QT, and high-dpi/retina works on OSX.

#6 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:41 PM

View Posteodabash1, on 01 April 2016 - 07:30 PM, said:

Your contact details have been added to this request. Have a good week!

#7 tlewis

tlewis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 02:04 AM

I would also like to be notified when this is resolved. Is this scheduled for any particular 2016.x release?

#8 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 05:02 PM

View Posttlewis, on 07 April 2016 - 02:04 AM, said:

I would also like to be notified when this is resolved. Is this scheduled for any particular 2016.x release?

Your name and email is added to the issue and when it's implemented you will be sent an email notification. If you ever want to track this particular issue, just reference this call number in an email to support@perforce.com.  In terms of a scheduled fix, I cannot say for sure. However, checking the release notes will always update you on all the new features and fixes:

http://www.perforce....n/release-notes

In addition, here is another good link that covers patch notes:

http://www.perforce..../patchnews.html

#9 micsun-al

micsun-al

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:53 PM

I'm on a Windows 8.1 laptop with a 4K display (primary monitor) set to 200% scaling, and have a secondary 1080p monitor set at 100% scaling.

On the 4k primary monitor, everything looks "OK", except relatively small as if nothing is scaled.

On the 1080p secondary monitor, there is a weird mix of huge graphics, large text, and small text.

http://snag.gy/gkRRD.jpg
Posted Image

...or maybe that's what it's supposed to look like? :) ...wait, it isn't right?

#10 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:43 PM

View Postmicsun-al, on 13 April 2016 - 09:53 PM, said:

...or maybe that's what it's supposed to look like? :) ...wait, it isn't right?

Thanks for the print screen. Your email has been added to this enhancement request. Have a great week!

#11 matvei.stefarov

matvei.stefarov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:00 PM

I registered just to report the high-dpi issues, and I see there is already a thread for it.  My company just started upgrading to 4k displays, and P4V became a real pain to use at high dpi modes, especially when mixing high-density and regular-density displays (e.g. 4k laptop with a regular 1080p monitor plugged in) under Windows 10.

Posted Image

#12 datadragon

datadragon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 04:24 AM

Having the same issue in our studio after recently upgrading from a very old p4win client. We are a digital media company where everyone is working on 4k monitors but even with windows text adjustment everything is too tiny to work with.

#13 asummy

asummy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:08 PM

Having the same issue with a weird mixture of large, regular and microscopic font sizes.  Please fix soon as customers tend to be in the software industry and will be using newer hardware.

#14 Stuart

Stuart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:25 PM

Same issue, also the fonts for the files names change from too small to read to gigantic over time, probably as the P4 client does some update/file checking in the background.

Any ETA on a patch? this is very annoying. Wouldn't be so bad if all the fonts were the same size. Would be better if they scaled like other apps.

#15 Nintenjo

Nintenjo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:16 PM

I have registered to say im having the same issue.. i am not using 4k monitors, but have a dock for my laptop (Lenovo DockLink+) with 2 more monitors attached. When i connect my laptop to my dock P4v goes all wrong in terms of font size despite not being Hi DPI.. i cannot find a way to restore it to default. Even when undocked it states in a strange overscaled mode.

#16 fourbadcats

fourbadcats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:58 AM

Dear Perforce Support,

We're closing in on two years since the high dpi issues were reported. Has there been any movement toward fixing P4V which you're able to comment or report on? It's still very painful using P4V on high-dpi screens!

John

#17 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:39 PM

FYI I don't think P4 support still monitors or responds to these forums -- there are a lot of folks still posting here who can help answer questions, but anything that needs an official company response should go through standard support channels.

#18 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 342 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 05:07 PM

We are now monitoring these forums again.  Please see a solution in our KB article "Using P4V on high resolution monitors"

http://answers.perfo...ticles/KB/15289

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users