3 replies to this topic

#1 Crayzee Ivan

Crayzee Ivan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:21 AM

Hello all!

I am trying to use the P4Connect Unity Plugin to connect to my remotely hosted Perforce repository. For the sake of this description, say the IP is 1.2.3.4, the port is the standard 1666, and the server uses SSL to connect.
Using the P4V client, this results in the "Server" variable set to "ssl:1.2.3.4:1666" and works perfectly fine. However, when I try the same in the Perforce Settings in Unity, I get an "Invalid Server URI" message, and I cannot activate the Perforce Integration.

When I use the setup wizard (the button with the bee-wizard in the bottom of the Perforce Settings), I cannot get over the first step -- if I enter "1.2.3.4" as the host, and "1666" as the port, I get the message "Failed client connect, server using SSL. Client must add SSL protocol prefix to P4PORT.". Using "ssl:1.2.3.4" or "ssl:1.2.3.4:1666" as the value for host, I get "Server address needs both hostname and port, with a colon between them". The latter message I traced down to this code in src/P4Connect/P4Connect/P4Connect.VerifySettings.cs::CheckServerUri():
		 string[] pieces = cfg.Server.Split(':');
		 if (pieces.Count() != 2)
		 {
			 cfg.ServerValid = false;
			 if (handler != null)
			 {
				 handler(serverValid, cfg, "Server address needs both hostname and port, with a colon between them");
			 }
			 return serverValid;
		 }
Going through that piece of code, I am unable to see how any address of the form "ssl:HostOrIP:Port" could possibly be accepted. However, the description of P4Connect clearly states:

P4Connect supports:
  • SSL connections

My guess is that I must be overlooking something -- can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I would really like to use Perforce with Unity for my project, without having to use P4V in parallel all the time...

Thanks in advance!
- Jan

#2 P4Norman

P4Norman

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • 81 posts
  • LocationOakland CA, USA

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:16 PM

Hi Crazee,

I just looked, It's a bug  I added to the last release.

I'll post here again when I have a patch available...

Thanks for the quick feedback!

-Norman

#3 P4Norman

P4Norman

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • 81 posts
  • LocationOakland CA, USA

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:43 AM

Hi,

I just released an update which should fix the SSL connection issue.

Please download it from the workshop FTP until it gets updated in the asset store...

https://swarm.worksh...ases/P4Connect/p4Connect16_1_1364173.unitypackage

Please let me know how this works for you, if you run into problems, email "support@perforce.com"

Thanks,

-Norman

#4 Crayzee Ivan

Crayzee Ivan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:23 AM

Hi Norman,

That did it! Everything is working as expected.

Thank you for the quick response!

-Jan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users