• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kingcole32

kingcole32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 02:01 PM

I recently wanted to setup P4, together with Assembla. After the initial setup, I got to create a new workspace on the "Open Connection" window. I set the name and root directory, but when I go to  select a steam, nothing shows up. If I try to "browse", p4v immediately crashes.

Could anyone fill me in on why this might happen? I'm sure it's something strange I've done as this is the first time I've needed to configure P4 for my own sake.

#2 P4Shimada

P4Shimada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:02 PM

View Postkingcole32, on 02 April 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

I recently wanted to setup P4, together with Assembla. After the initial setup, I got to create a new workspace on the "Open Connection" window. I set the name and root directory, but when I go to  select a steam, nothing shows up. If I try to "browse", p4v immediately crashes.

Could anyone fill me in on why this might happen? I'm sure it's something strange I've done as this is the first time I've needed to configure P4 for my own sake.

Thanks for reporting this issue. Sorry to hear you had a crash. We will first need your complete version details of P4V.  In the Open Connection dialog that information is at the bottom. Also, you can get this from the command line by doing the command

p4v -V

Using your p4v executable. I have not seen crashes reported with recent versions of P4V but some past ones have been fixed:

https://www.perforce...er/p4vnotes.txt

#3 kchen12

kchen12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:14 PM

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem.  The moment I click "Browse" next to stream when I try to create a new workspace the client crashes.  I get the "Perforce Visual Client has stopped working" message.  I am getting this same error on two separate computers.  My version details is: Perforce Visual Client/NTX64/2015.2/1312139.  Both computers are Windows 10.

#4 mister_wilson

mister_wilson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:14 PM

Hi,

I also have the same problem using P4V - Perforce Visual Client/NTX64/2015.2/1458499.
But the crash only seems to occur when browsing for streams while creating a NEW workspace from the Open Connection window when initially launching P4V.
(see attached images)

NOTE: If P4V is already launched, then browsing streams work when creating new or editing existing workspaces.

Attached Thumbnails

• image1.png
  • image2.png

#5 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:53 AM

Try our beta snapshot version of P4V at ftp://ftp.perforce.com/perforce/snapshot/p4v/bin.ntx64/
It is still in beta, but it is worth a try.

#6 wreinke

wreinke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:06 PM

Has a solution been for for this issue? I am also experiencing the same type of problem.

#7 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 343 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:22 PM

Please try our latest 2017.1 P4V and see if this fixes the problem.

#8 mister_wilson

mister_wilson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 07 June 2017 - 09:19 PM

Sorry that i didn't get back to this, but the issue has been fixed in 2017.1.

Thx.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p4v, workspace, crash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users