1 reply to this topic

#1 rmjcsltd

rmjcsltd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 11:02 AM

Hi,

I've got a problem with files disappearing from changelists when I diff them. A refresh will make the file reappear so I'm confident it is just a display issue, but it means I can't necessarily trust what I see in the Pending tab unless I press F5 first.

I'm using the 64bit client on Win7 SP1 (full system info attached). Another dev box I use (32bit client on Win7 SP1) does not exhibit the same problem.

The problem is not restricted to one changelist, it seems to affect all changelists. The problem affects most files in the changelist, but not all - there is no obvious pattern to files that are affected and those that aren't. The problem has not surfaced in 2 other workspaces on this machine.

I think the same issue has been posted about before, but without any resolution or workaround; Any thoughts appreciated.

Regards,

Rhys

Attached Files

#2 rmjcsltd

rmjcsltd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:09 PM

FYI, I've made the problem go away by deleting and re-creating all my workspaces.

It *might* be the case that the problem only started after I'd done some workspace editing (changing the local workspace paths so that \\depot\a\b\c\d\e maps to c:\P4\e instead of c:\P4\a\b\c\d\e) but I'm not 100% sure about this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users