No replies to this topic

#1 omento

omento

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:54 PM

Hi Everyone!

I apologize in advance for what will probably be a very easy topic, but I'm fairly new to Perforce (I haven't tested it since the Helix OVA last August). A lot has changed since I last used it and I can't seem to get things working.

I've attached some images of the errors I'm getting whenever I try to connect to my server from a non-localhost system. I have the server running on a Mac Mini (Late 2009) running Windows 7 Pro in boot-camp. On that machine I have an account called 'serveradmin' that is able to connect just fine to the P4 services (P4Admin, P4V). I'm using the latest HVE and tools available: 2016.1 and 2015.2.

For my network, each machine has WiFi enabled and connected to my home network, while also having a static LAN network between the machines in my room through a switch. My main workstation (Windows 8.1 Pro) uses the IP 10.10.0.1, and each one incrementally increases from there. The server is located on 10.10.0.4. They all have the same Subnet Mask and no default port specified.

When I run 'ipconfig' from the command prompt on any system on the LAN network, they all return:
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.0.x
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 0.0.0.0
* x is machine number.

On the Mac Mini, however, it returns:
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.0.4
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Is it possible that the lack of a default gateway is what is causing this issue? On the regular machines, which I use as a render farm for 3D work, not specifying a DG always gives 0.0.0.0 and hasn't caused any issues with transferring data or connecting to network drives. This may be a boot-camp issue as well, I'm not totally sure. This used to run fine when the OVA ran in a VM previously.

Attached Thumbnails

• staticIP.PNG
  • server.PNG
  • fullIP.PNG

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: perforce, helix, bootcamp, connection error, wsatimeout

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users