3 replies to this topic

#1 umair

umair

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:54 AM

Hi.
I would like to move a mainline(which has child streams) from one stream depot to another(on the same server).
Please let me know how to do this.

Thankyou

#2 LeFxGuy

LeFxGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 10:39 AM

Bump. Would be interested, too. Are there any new features that allow for easy movement of mainline streams to other depots?

#3 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1191 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:11 PM

It's probably doable (duplicate the files, clone the stream specs, update all the clients...?), but it's tricky enough that it's hard for me to imagine that it would be worth the disruption.  What would you ultimately be trying to accomplish by "moving" a mainline from one depot to another?

#4 LeFxGuy

LeFxGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:13 PM

My bump was mainly concerned with new features that got introduced the last 1,5 years. You are right that this is already doable. But it is a lot of effort and takes time. There just should be an easier way.

Goal: We have changed our depot structures to have folders/subfolders etc.  for better organisation and tidiness and it would be nice to combine older projects into the same depot as they belong there from a logical point of view

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: streams, mainline, migrate, move, copy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users