• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jdcanon

jdcanon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:53 PM

I have a feature suggestion for the P4 Swarm team.

I like how each file in a review has a header. This header contains buttons for things like show in-line vs side-by-side, ignore whitespace, show full context, mark as read, etc. This header also has an icon showing that there are comments in this file. This is what I'd like to expand on.

My suggestion is to include icons for each file indicating if there are tasks in the file. Thus, beside the icon indicating a file has comments, include three new icons:
  • a red flag indicating that the file contains one or more open tasks

• a green checkmark indicating that a file contains one or more addressed tasks

• a blue double checkmark indicating that a file contains one or more verified tasks
Essentially, duplicate the tasks summary found at the top of the review, but scoped to each file. The count of each task type doesn't need to be included, just the icon to indicate that it contains these types.

Why do I think this is useful? It allows the author a quick visual summary that of the 27 files in the review, the remaining open task is in file 22. It makes it so that I, as the author, don't need to wade through all the files, or all the comments, just to find my remaining task.

#2 MrScott

MrScott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:27 PM

I agree.  I would like to extend this:  

4. The 'n' and 'p' navigation keys are very useful for navigating file changes.  Please add similar keys for navigation between Tasks.  

Thank you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swarm, task, summary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users