Where to start to write a Commit parser for app integration?

integrations commit parse sdk integration

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nsomnia

Nsomnia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:35 PM

I'm hoping to write a parser for Perforce that will post to our development Slack chatroom everytime a commit is made.

What files could I read from to get this information? I see cloudpipes.com has perforce integration coming in the near future and thats all online based so surely there must be an easily readable file one can use.

Thanks.

#2 wasa

wasa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGold Coast, Australia

Posted 07 July 2016 - 07:11 AM

A Perforce trigger can be configured to run every time a change is committed. The trigger can run a script that you write to process the information.

Another way is to write a daemon that monitors Perforce for any changes. I wrote a daemon to do this and post changes to Bugzilla.

https://swarm.worksh...nter-p4bugzilla
Warwick

#3 Nsomnia

Nsomnia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:26 PM

Thanks for the source, java is one language i do know decently I'll look into seeing if i can integrate your setup with slack somehow and get it to run as a daemon serrvice on my server.

If anyone has any other examples or services please let me know. We now have two stream depots for two different products and manually psoting each update and what depot its on is a hassle.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: integrations, commit, parse, sdk, integration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users