• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MrScott

MrScott

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 06:30 PM

Seeing a red / pink "404 Not Found" error for 2 out of 24 files in the browser window for Swarm reviews; Swarm version 2016.1, Chrome browser, on a Task stream.  

Shown is a fading in and out gray "Loading..." indication and a "404 Not Found" error box at top.  Screenshot attached 404NotFound.png .

I already know about the first file version needing to be committed to the Task stream before Swarm can see it. This issue is occurring for the 3rd and 4th file versions (shelved) respectively in my stream.  This same file was previously merged to the parent branch.  Screenshot attached RevisionGraph.png with irrelevant branches hidden.  

Possibly it is relevant that one file was earlier deleted and restored?  RevisionGraph.png   
However, the other file was NOT deleted and restored:  RevisionGraph2.png

I would greatly appreciate an understanding of how to avoid and/or work around this issue.

Thank you!
Scott

#2 wgRichieK

wgRichieK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:18 AM

I'm glad someone else is having this problem also - and it's been the case for very simple (single version - no updates) reviews.
It's been frustrating me and my team for a while now and we have no idea how to work around it other than look at the shelved changelist directly, but then we can't easily comment on changes other than via a chat program or email.

About Swarm shows:

SWARM/2016.2/1446446 (2016/09/29)

Is there anything that can be done to make these files reviewable again?

#3 mcru

mcru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:40 PM

Any updates here? I'm thinking of working around this by opening the code review on the parent stream by shelving the files instead of submitting after copying from task stream to parent. Sounds like a half-decent idea? (I'm still evaluating p4 and swarm, so not 100% sure if this is a good idea or not).

#4 Ewan Edwards

Ewan Edwards

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:00 PM

Swarm does not currently support task streams, and task stream support is not currently on the Swarm roadmap.

#5 zsmolnar

zsmolnar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:49 AM

I believe this all comes down to the following problem with Task streams in general.
If a file in a task stream has only one revision, P4 is unable to return the contents of the file, unless your workspace is switched to that task stream.
For example, let's say you have

//dev_stream/file1.txt

and you create a new task stream named //task1 from that dev_stream, and you don't submit any changes to file1.txt in //task1

Now try this:

# switch your workspace to the dev stream
p4 client -s -S //dev_stream

# get the contents of file1 from the dev stream - works
p4 print //dev_stream/file1.txt

# get the contents of file1 from the task stream - will return no such file error, because your workspace is not switched to //task1
p4 print //task1/file1.txt

# switch to the task stream
p4 client -s -S //task1

# get the contents of file1 from the dev stream - STILL WORKS even though your workspace is currently at //task1 (because it's a dev stream)
p4 print //dev_stream/file1.txt

# get the contents of file1 from the task stream - IT WORKS NOW
p4 print //task1/file1.txt

Now if you submit at least one more revision to //task1/file1.txt, then p4 print will start to work again for that file even if your workspace is not switched to the task stream.

It should be possible to apply this workaround to Swarm, since we do get the PHP source code for it, I believe somewhere in File.php, function "fetch" we'd just need to switch
the local workspace to the desired stream if the file path contains a stream. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with PHP but hopefully someone else will read this post, manages to implement
it and share with the rest of us poor Swarm users.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 404, Swarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users