• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Katia Hage

Katia Hage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:25 AM

Sometimes, files in one changelist automatically move to another changelist without interference on my part. I've seen this happen a few times when I checked out a new file and dragged & dropped it to the changelist. Another file that was already in the changelist suddenly disappeared from that changelist. When files disappear from one changelist, I find it in another changelist (not the default changelist). At other times, I'm not sure what triggers the file moves.

I currently have about 26 changelists in my workspace. Most of them have only shelved files and no checked out files. A small number have checked out files.

I looked into preferences, but I couldn't find a setting or shortcut that moves files that I could turn off, so I wonder what triggers those file moves? Or could this be a bug?

Here is my system info:
Windows 8.1
P4V NTX64/2015.2/1312139

Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 Katia Hage

Katia Hage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:59 PM

I looked at my Perforce log view, and these are the commands that were executed for the changelist submission in which one file moved (it says 10 files added but it should be 11 files added. That one missing file mysteriously moved to another changelist, most likely prior to checkin as I've seen files move before.)

p4 submit --parallel=0 -f submitunchanged -i
    Submitted change nnnnnnnn
    10 files added
    1 file edited
p4 change -i
[There are a few submits and one shelve commands before that]

I wanted to add that several of my coworkers have encountered the same issue of files jumping to another changelist without them knowing. Most of us are using the latest P4V Windows client (NTX64/2015.2/1312139). Has anyone else encountered this issue or can Perforce comment on whether there is a known issue about this?

#3 Ian P

Ian P

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:35 PM

This is an old post, but I just happened to come across it, and I can add that I have seen the same happen occasionally (and recently). I am using p4v 2018.3 in Windows.

#4 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:07 PM

Try P4V 2019.1 and see if the files moving to other changelists reproduces.

#5 Hildegard10

Hildegard10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 06:08 AM

Yeah agreed...P4V2019.1 would be a great option to go with....Try it once..Hope u get some positive outcomes

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: changelists

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users