• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JohnB

JohnB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:36 PM

I am using version: Perforce Visual Client/NTX64/2015.2/1458499.  I have been using for about six months, no problems.

I installed the P4eclipse add-on to Code Composer Studio.  I added a CCS project to my workspace, D:\P4_Files folder.  Next thing I know the folder is gone. I tried a search on the D: drive and it did not find the folder.  It is also not in the Recycle bin.  In Perforce my files are still in the depot.  It states that I have files checked out, but I no longer have a working folder.

I created a new workspace folder, but I am unable to delete the missing one from Perforce.

#2 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1176 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 11:46 PM

It's hard to get a good idea of exactly what's happening from this description.

I added a CCS project to my workspace, D:\P4_Files folder.  Next thing I know

What sequence of events is potentially covered by "next thing I know"?  Did you:
  • open the files for add?
  • submit them?
  • do a sync?
  • change workspaces?
  • do something within CCS that might have triggered any of the above?
  • something else?

the folder is gone.

Which folder?  D:\P4_Files?  The project folder (what was it called?)

I created a new workspace folder,

Does this mean that you re-created the "gone" folder locally, or did you create a new client workspace specification in P4V?  If the latter, are you now up and running with the new one?

I am unable to delete the missing one from Perforce.

What does this mean?  Are you trying to delete the files from the depot?  Are you trying to delete your old client workspace spec (i.e. the thing that shows up in P4V's "workspaces" tab) because you've now created a new one?  What things have you tried in order to delete it, and how have they failed?  Are there any error messages?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Workspace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users