• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tmaxted

tmaxted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:01 PM

Removing 16.2 and re-installing 16.1 fixed this issue for me.

#2 tmaxted

tmaxted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:15 AM

Unfortunately, after a reboot, the issue returns with the connection screen claiming it is version 16.2 again  (2016.2.147.3672) - auto-updated? So, remove 16,2 using Tools -> Extensions and updates in VS2015, re-install P4VS from the vsix file, and the connection screen show a version of 2016.1.145.2036. So far so good. But.now the previously used namespace has cut off the initial username and trailing unique ID, leaving just the local machine name, so the real namespace has to be typed in.

How is the 16.2 verson being installed automatically, and how can I prevent this?

Why is the connection workspace string being reduced from "username_machine_unique" to just "machine"?

#3 Nico B.

Nico B.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:27 PM

Had the same issue with the release of version 2016.2.147.3672 on 22/12/2016.
Couldn't use P4VS anymore with my big solution until I re-installed the previous version 2016.1

On my case, I first had an "ArgumentOutOfRangeException" because my workspace root was set to my HDD root (i.e. "f:" ) (I was debugging VS because I was suspecting one of my company plugin)
I changed it to F:\ and then to a folder on my F: to end with the "NullReferenceException" like you

Concerning your automatic installation issue, it's an option in VS 2015 (maybe 2013) you can uncheck it globally in Tools > options > Extensions annd updates    or per extension in Tools > extensions and updates...

Nico

#4 Sentientv2

Sentientv2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:59 PM

tmaxted, do you have a link or suggestion as to how I can still download 16.1? I am having the same issues that you have described and cannot find a download link for the 16.1 version of the application. Even the "Previous Versions" section of the downloads page appears to have 16.2.

Thanks for the help!

UPDATE: Found another thread in the forum that is addressing the same issue. Here's a link to the post with the download url for 16.1. Make sure to turn off automatic updating of extensions in Visual Studio before installing 16.1 as it will instantly grab the newer version which defeats the purpose!

#5 P4Jen

P4Jen

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

The 16.1 release of P4VS can be downloaded from our FTP site:
  http://ftp.perforce....x86/p4vs11.vsix

If you need assistance installing it, you may wish to contact technical support.

Hope this helps,
Jen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users