• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ThePieMonster

ThePieMonster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2017 - 12:59 AM

I just starting setting up my first Perforce server and I am having some trouble with the search bind method. I got SASL bind to work cause I wanted to see if I could auth my test user which worked but I need to be able to use search so only users that are in the "perforce users" group can use the perforce server.

I created a user called "readonly" and put them in a new group called "Read-Only LDAP" which I gave the "list contents" permission to "Authenticated Users". Below is the ldap config that I am using.

The error I get is
Authentication as uid=readonly,dc=domain,dc=company,dc=com failed. Reason: Other

Perforce LDAP Config
Name: config
Host: ldap.domain.company.com
Port: 389
Encryption: none
BindMethod: search
SearchBaseDN: ou=users,dc=domain,dc=company,dc=com
SearchFilter: (&(objectClass=posixGroup) (cn=perforce users) (memberUid=%user%))
SearchScope: subtree
SearchBindDN: uid=readonly,dc=domain,dc=company,dc=com
SearchPasswd: ******

#2 JathavanSriram

JathavanSriram

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:40 PM

I think your SearchBindDN is wrong, it should be the full DN to the Bind User. You are using uid=readonly in the DN, I think it should be "CN=". Try this:

cn=readonly,dc=domain,dc=company,dc=com

I general it is a good idea to use Linux ldapsearch to check if the searches are actually working.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bind, method, search, perforce, authentication

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users