we are getting started with Perforce in our media company and need some ideas/advice on archival and restore workflows. I read most of the Forum posts on Archival already and am well aware of p4 archive, unload, restore, reload.
Still we have quite some trouble finding a simple way for our IT Operating team to handle Perforce archiving.
What we do/what we would like to achieve:
- We are working strictly project based, one project = one depot
- After the project is finished the depot including all versioned files, metadata should copy/move/... to one folder on our Isilon for LTO Archival. This should be some sort of "full depot dump" of the entire Depot including all metadata.
- The "Perforce Dump" should be self-contained, meaning it can be easily brought back on a different Perforce server including all metadata
- The entire "Perforce Depot Dump" will be written to LTO
1) What are other companies doing to practice archival of their projects? Any ideas or insights would much greatly appreciated.
2) Is Perforce actually "designed" for this type of workflow, which takes the entire metadata of a depot out of Perforce?
3) Are the software products to help with specific archival tasks in Perforce?
Archival and Restore Workflowarchive restore
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users