• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 craigc

craigc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:00 PM

I switched my terminal application to mate-terminal and this caused P4V to not be able to launch a terminal at all. Any attempt to "Open Terminal Window Here..." would result in a "Directory does not exist" popup.

I found this KB:

http://answers.perfo...rticles/KB/1181

It answers how to get gnome-terminal launched and it works for me, but doesn't address how to launch other terminal applications, such as mate-terminal.

Does anyone know what 'style' to give to P4V so that it will launch mate-terminal?  I haven't set any styles for mate-terminal itself, so I assume I can refer to its default style name; however, I have know idea what that is.

#2 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 299 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:54 AM

Create a script to launch mate-terminal.  If the script can run mate-terminal, create a custom tool through P4V, Tools, Manage Custom Tools to run the script.

#3 craigc

craigc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:26 PM

Thank you @p4rfong. I have created a simple bash script named "openterm" to launch mate-terminal and verified that it works when run from another terminal.

#!/usr/bin/env bash
cd $1
mate-terminal

Then in Manage Custom Tools, I added the script as "OpenTerminal". The "application" field points to my script and the argument is %f.
I checked "Add to applicable context menus".

The script shows up under the tools menu, but it does not show up in the right-click context menu.

When I run it from Tools, nothing happens.

I also tried "prompt user for arguments" to see if I could enter the path, but it still doesn't launch a terminal.

How do I get "OpenTerminal" to show up in the context menu when I right-click on a folder?
What am I doing wrong in the script or the setup that keeps P4V from actually launching the terminal?

#4 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:11 AM

Try clicking "Run tool in terminal window".  If nothing else, this will show you if the script is being run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users