• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 alecchalmers

alecchalmers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:01 AM

I'm very new to using Perforce and I can't really tell what's gone wrong.

I used this advice to move my workspace folder, and now I can't get the latest revision. Whenever I do I just get a 'no files updated' message.
I can still see the files in the depot, but I can't access them from my workspace.

I also have some work still in the old workspace folder, but I can't use/open those files. I get a 'Requested operation requires elevation' message. It's not too much of a problem because they are in the depot, so if I get my workspace working again I can access them

I'm sure it's probably a very simple solution, so any insight/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

#2 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:12 PM

If you cannot get the latest version, try to force it using P4V, Get Revision, Force Operation.  Or from the command line,

p4 sync //<depot>/<dir>/<file>

The 'Requested operation requires elevation' is a Microsoft access control error seen in https://answers.micr...0c-e6281057491f

#3 alecchalmers

alecchalmers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:39 PM

Thanks for the help, that worked. Apologies for it being so simple a solution.

#4 alecchalmers

alecchalmers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

I haven't had any luck with elevation settings error. Neither of those solutions worked. I'm guessing it had something to do with Perforce though, as this is the first time it's happened to me.

#5 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 06:55 PM

For the 'Requested operation requires elevation' error, save off all work, then see if you can open, change the permission to read/write and read-only, copy, and delete the files through Windows Explorer.  If you cannot do these operations, then Perforce won't be able to either.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: workspace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users