• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guiboune

Guiboune

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 08:30 PM

Hello everyone, so I'm new with Perforce (as in I downloaded it today). I'm currently making a project using Unreal Engine (which has direct integration with Perforce) and I followed some tutorials to set up projects, etc.
I'm on my own so I don't connect to an external server or any complicated stuff ; my server is on my computer and I connect locally.

I set up a first workspace easily, connected to it, changed it, went into P4Admin and made myself a super user, everything's fine. But it was just a test so I got rid of the workspace files and deleted stuff. But I think I messed up something and now I can't create a new workspace on my local drive. It throws me this error :

"Unable to create a workspace named 'PerforceTest'.
Error in client specification.
A client of this type may not have a view that includes //repo/..."

And it does not create a workspace.

Any help would be appreciated !

Posted Image

#2 P4Reg

P4Reg

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:39 PM

It looks like you are trying to specify it as a stream client but you don't have any streams defined (look in the Log pane at the bottom of your screenshot where it says "No such stream")

If you have time try the online help for P4V from Help-P4V Help (or using the F1 key). The direct link to the workspace section  is hereThe https://www.perforce...workspaces.html

Hope that helps

#3 Guiboune

Guiboune

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:11 PM

View PostP4Reg, on 16 March 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

It looks like you are trying to specify it as a stream client but you don't have any streams defined (look in the Log pane at the bottom of your screenshot where it says "No such stream")

If you have time try the online help for P4V from Help-P4V Help (or using the F1 key). The direct link to the workspace section  is hereThe https://www.perforce...workspaces.html

Hope that helps

I don't know what a stream is nor do I know how to set one up.

#4 Guiboune

Guiboune

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:13 PM

I did fix the problem. Apparently, a depot was missing and needed (very misleading and unreliable error message by the way).

I opened up P4Admin, File -> New -> New Depot, fixed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: workspace, client, error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users