#1 Max Pavlov

Max Pavlov

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:52 AM

Hello.

I've recently updated our swarm instance to 2017.1 and now Reviews appear in the main Dashboard tab once user logs in.

I appear to have one review pending on me. Once I click on it with an intention to archive it, I get a 500 error from Swarm server.
Inspecting Swarm logs has shown that at first, user with the name of the person, who has requested a review has been long removed. I've recreated a perforce user but still was getting the same error. This time logs indicated that the changelist, to which the review is requested, no longer exists and was deleted. I have found no way to re-add the changelist as the new one's are added with a new incremented numeric ID.

Question is - how to remove a review request that can't be opened in Swarm due to above mentioned reasosns? Thanks.

#2 P4Dale

P4Dale

Advanced Member

• Staff
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:55 AM

Hello Max,

You have two options here.

1. You would need to remove the key data related to this review. I would recommend contacting support@perforce.com for assistance with this.

2. You could change the review to archived state using the API endpoint to transition the state.

curl -u "username:password" -X PATCH -d "state=archived" \
	 "https://my-swarm-host/api/v6/reviews/123/state/"

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dale.
Swarm Dev.

#3 simonswartz

simonswartz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:35 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I still wanted to say thanks to Max. I had several reviews that were stuck and generating error 500 when clicked on. Max's suggestion cleared them out.

Unfortunately the Opened review count still includes these reviews, so, while the web page shows X reviews the Opened tab has X+n in it.

#4 dgnuff

dgnuff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:58 PM

Waking this thread up again, since I'm also having the same problem.  I also have a review in Swarm that references a Changelist that no longer exists.

Can I offer two suggestions for the Perforce team to consider:

1. Since each Swarm review is pretty tightly coupled to a specific changelist, if the changelist is deleted, then automatically delete the swarm review; or

2. On the review page itself: e.g. https://swarm.mydoma...m/reviews/12345 provide an option to delete the review.

I suspect that most software engineers have wound up in this situation at some point in their career.  For whatever reason, a project gets abandoned fairly close to release, leaving it in this state.  There's a review in progress for something that will never be released.  Having some way to delete that review would be useful in this situation.  It's not common, I admit that, but despite our best efforts it does happen from time to time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swarm, review, changelist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users