4 replies to this topic

#1 Armin

Armin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:14 AM

Hi guys,
i setup my Swarm on Ubuntu VirtualBox. On host machine i have Perforce server. Swarm opens ok in browser and load commits. The problem is when i try to use P4V, edit file, and save changes before submit file (i'd like to make review and shelve it). It throw me below error:
Error in change specification.
'swarm.changesave' validation failed:
Execution Failed: "C:\Perl64\bin" "C:\Perforce_Scripts" -c "C:\Perforce_Scripts" -t changesave -v default: Permission denied.

In C:\Perforce_Scripts\ i have swarm-trigger.pl and swarm-trigger.conf

What i done wrong?

#2 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:05 PM

It sounds like the trigger isn't set up right.  What does "p4 triggers" show you?

#3 wbkboyer

wbkboyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationVancouver, B.C., Canada

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:38 PM

Hi, folks! Did any of you solve this issue? I've got an orchestrated Dockerization of Helix Core 2017.1 and Helix Swarm 2018.2 servers where I've run

chmod 777 /root/swarm-trigger.pl
chmod 666 /root/swarm-trigger.conf
p4 triggers -o > /root/tmp /root/swarm-trigger.pl -c /root/swarm-trigger.conf -o | sed '/^\s*#/d' >> /root/tmp
p4 triggers -i < /root/tmp

p4 configure set dm.shelve.promote=1

in the setup script of the one. However, when I attempt to make a new changelist from a p4v Perforce Visual Client connected to the Helix Core server, I get

Error in change specification.'swarm.changesave' validation failed:
Execution Failed: "/root/swarm-trigger.pl" -c "/root/swarm-trigger.conf" -t changesave -v default: Permission denied

Perforce command run:p4 change -i

The user that I'm running the command as is part of a group that has write access.

EDIT: Just talked with Joel B., who helped me to troubleshoot my issues splendidly! Apparently, the perforce system user didn't have permissions to read/write/execute on the /root/ directory, hence the "Permission denied" error! However, he also noted that one must create a cron job to set up workers.

Edited by wbkboyer, 29 May 2019 - 08:43 PM.

#4 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:45 PM

From the "permission denied" it sounds a lot like the "chmod 777" didn't take.  Are you sure you ran it on the right instance/container/whatever?

#5 wbkboyer

wbkboyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationVancouver, B.C., Canada

Posted 29 May 2019 - 08:36 PM

Thanks so much for your kind reply, Sambwise! Apparently even though the chmod worked on the swarm-trigger.pl and swarm-trigger.conf, I think the system perforce user needs rwx on the entire directory!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p4v, swarm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users