mister_wilson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:38 PM

Hi,

I have a colleague using P4V Rev. P4V/NTX64/2017.1/1491634 and he is experiencing a strange issue where he cannot add files to P4V from the Workspace tab.
I've attached a screenshot for reference where you can see a couple of files with a grey note icon. Whenever he right clicks on any of these files, the context menu does NOT have the [Open for add] option present. He ends up having to use the "p4 add" command line option to add new files to his changelist(s).

Does anyone have any idea what would be causing this? (In the meanwhile I am going to have him upgrade to the latest P4V release at this time 2017.2/1518788)

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks,

-Jonathan Wilson

Attached Thumbnails

• p4v-add-issue.png

#2 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:56 PM

Turning up P4V debugging may help.  In P4V, run Edit, Preferences, Logging, and check Show p4 reporting commands, Show p4 command output, and Enable logging to file.  Then from the bottom pane, right-click Clear Log, and right-click the file and see what the output in P4V shows.

#3 mister_wilson

mister_wilson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:53 PM

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, my colleague upgraded his P4V version to 2017.2 and so far has not been able to reproduce the issue.
We enabled the P4V debugging in the likelihood that it happens again.
If the issue reappears, I will report it.

Thanks,

-Jonathan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: P4V, Perforce

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users