• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 eeizenman

eeizenman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 10:22 PM

As a developer on a team, I would like to have a filter that shows my pending review list. That means reviews where I am requested as a reviewer and didn't vote on yet.
It's tedious to go over a long list of reviews when you don't know which one you need to do next. I read through the manual at https://www.perforce...ews.queues.html, but could only find a way to filter vote up or down
Am I missing something? a special url or something

Thanks,

#2 P4Jen

P4Jen

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:51 PM

Hi,

The 'Review State' options may provide what you need.

From your post I understand that you want to see reviews that are assigned to you, but need some sort of action from you.

From The Swarm Documentation:
Review state: one of the following (left to right):

• Needs review: the review's changes need to be reviewed.

• Needs revision: the review's changes have been reviews, but further revisions are required before the review can be accepted.

• Approved: the review's changes have been approved, and should be committed.

You can also filter by user, so this in combination with the above, may work for you.

Let me know if this helps, or if you require a more granular filter than the options currently available.

Cheers,
Jen.

#3 eeizenman

eeizenman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:11 PM

Jen, I do need a more fine filter to get my pending review list. I already looked at all the existing filter options out there (Swarm 2016.3). Adding a filter option for my vote would do it, basically allow me to see just the reviews I need to work on.
Practically, if for example my team has 50 reviews opened, and I voted on half of them, how do I see just the remaining? currently I have to go one by one and check if I voted yet. It's highly time consuming and some team members feel it's a deal breaker.

#4 P4Martin

P4Martin

• Staff
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:06 AM

Have you had a look at the new Dashboard feature in 17.1?  https://www.perforce....dashboard.html

On the 'home' page, you should see a list of reviews that you need to act on, whether you are an author that needs to respond to requested changes, or a reviewer that has not yet voted.

Martin.

#5 eeizenman

eeizenman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:07 PM

That does look promising, I'll have to check with IT on possible upgrade to the Swarm software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users