1 reply to this topic

#1 ava_tojo

ava_tojo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:38 PM

Hi,
I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this. First off, thanks for providing p4vc (and the p4v -cmd), it's been very useful for us.

We are writing some custom tools in-house and I if found a few issues regarding p4vc.
First off, we're running on Windows 10, which the Qt version complains about being untested on, but I don't think they're Qt4<->Win10 issues.

When I run "p4vc resolve -c <changelist-number>" on a changelist with unresolved files, I get the popup with "There are no files that needs resolving" even though there are unresolved files in the changelist. We've been able to reproduce the both in the 2015 and 2017 version of p4vc (not sure if they differ though, I've been unable to get a version number from p4vc and I'm too lazy to diff the binaries ;))

And if I run the command "p4vc resolve -c <changelist-number> ..." on a changelist with unresolved files, it crashes. Only tried this to work around the "no files to resolve" issue, not sure it's valid syntax.

Also, the documentation for p4vc could definitely use some fleshing out. For example, doing "p4vc help resolve" only gives you:

resolve command options and syntax:
p4vc [options] resolve [ -f ] [ -c num ] [ file(s), ... ]

It doesn't really explain what the -f flag does (turns out it's re-resolve).

I didn't find any command in p4vc similar to the "Go To Spec" in p4v, where your able to view a changelist whether it's submitted, pending, shelved. That would be nice. A "p4vc submitted" would suit our needs though (as suggested here: https://perforce.ide.../ideas/P4V-I-34).

Thanks,
Tobias

#2 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 01:10 AM

I reproduced the problem you mentioned. Your name has been added to the bug.
I also wrote a KB with more p4vc documentation.  See http://answers.perfo...ticles/KB/15316
Thanks for your request, but we are not making changes to p4vc at this time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p4vc, bug report, resolve, feature request

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users