17 replies to this topic

#1 SergeyN

SergeyN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 01:19 AM

Pretty much what the topic says.

I modify existing file, do "reconcile offline work", the dialog there detects modifications correct (lists them in the "modified" part). But when you press "reconcile", these modifications appear as file additions in default changelist. Of course trying to submit the changelist fails.

Edit:
this is version 2017.2.
Thanks for looking into this!

#2 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:20 AM

Reconcile operates relative to the have rev -- did you start off with a workspace that had previously been synced from the depot, or did you drop modified files into a "clean" workspace such that they'd appear to be completely new files relative to what you already had?

If you want to tell the reconcile command that your offline work is based off a different point in time you can go to the command line and do "p4 sync -k @DATETIME" (or @CHANGE or what have you) followed by "p4 reconcile".  Be careful with this; if you tell it something newer than what you're actually based on, you'll lose the intervening changes!

#3 SergeyN

SergeyN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:03 AM

Yes, it's an old workspace with all files up to date according to the working tree. This started happening after I've upgraded from 2017.1 to 2017.2.

#4 P4Reg

P4Reg

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 11:56 AM

View PostSergeyN, on 03 November 2017 - 01:19 AM, said:

Pretty much what the topic says.

I modify existing file, do "reconcile offline work", the dialog there detects modifications correct (lists them in the "modified" part). But when you press "reconcile", these modifications appear as file additions in default changelist. Of course trying to submit the changelist fails.

Edit:
this is version 2017.2.
Thanks for looking into this!

Hi Sergey

Can you confirm the version you are using? The latest release is 2017.3 and there is an open bug with the reconcile offline work having the wrong information which could be relevant. A local file not in depot is listed in "Depot files missing from workspace" section while a depot file missing from workspace is listed in "Local files not in depot". A clean Workspace diaglog works okay.

#5 SergeyN

SergeyN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:09 PM

Sorry, I got the version wrong. I'm using P4V/NTX64/2017.3/1582486

Regards,
Sergey.

#6 P4Reg

P4Reg

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:30 PM

View PostSergeyN, on 03 November 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

Sorry, I got the version wrong. I'm using P4V/NTX64/2017.3/1582486

Regards,
Sergey.

Thank you, I think this sounds like the same issue. There is a patch being planned including the fix for this, I don't have a firm date but I believe it will be around the end of the month. In the meantime you may want to roll back to 2017.2

#7 P4Reg

P4Reg

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:40 AM

Hi Sergey

A patched version with a fix for the reconcile issue is now available on our downloads page:  https://www.perforce...sual-client-p4v

The latest version is now P4V 2017.3/1590419

If you experience any issues please do let us know

Reg

#8 SergeyN

SergeyN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:37 AM

Hi,

It works alright so far.

Thanks!

Sergey.

#9 SergeyN

SergeyN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:36 AM

Unfortunately the problem is still there. I've just modified an existing file, reconsile offline work detected the change correct, but decided to add it as a new file, rather than a modification.

#10 P4Reg

P4Reg

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 64 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:45 PM

View PostSergeyN, on 15 November 2017 - 01:36 AM, said:

Unfortunately the problem is still there. I've just modified an existing file, reconsile offline work detected the change correct, but decided to add it as a new file, rather than a modification.

Hi Sergey

I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing issues. I'll do some checking and get back to you

#11 Matt Janulewicz

Matt Janulewicz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:08 PM

I also have a user that is still experiencing this with the latest patched P4V release. I can't seem to reproduce it on my Mac, though, and I can't see what's different about our setups.

One thing that might be worth noting (and might be a red herring, who knows) is that all the files involved are XML files with a UTF designation at the top:

// !$*UTF8*$!

Though they're shown as text type in Perforce. Not sure what that would have to do with anything but it's pretty consistent with the failure.
-Matt Janulewicz
Staff SCM Engineer, Perforce Administrator
Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
1275 Market St.
San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
majanu@dolby.com

#12 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:39 AM

It does look like a problem with utf8 files.  If you can reproduce the problem in P4V 2017.3, open a support case so we can reproduce the problem here.

#13 svrjkimura

svrjkimura

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:43 AM

I can still reproduce the problem on P4V/NTX64/2017.3/1592764.

My reproduction steps:
  • Right click on a depot path that has both additions and changes, and do "Reconcile Offline Work..."

• In the dialog, uncheck the additions so only the modifications remain, and hit the "Reconcile" button.
What seems to be happening is when I uncheck the additions, the p4 reconcile command that is run is adding an extra directory path to each of the modifications being reconciled.

In the log, this is what I see when I uncheck the additions:

p4 reconcile -f -n c:\Project\Dir1\Dir2\Dir3\Dir4\...

p4 reconcile -f -c default c:\Project\Dir1\Dir2\Dir3\Dir4\Dir5\Dir6\File1.cpp\... c:\Project\Dir1\Dir2\Dir3\Dir4\Dir5\Dir6\File2.cpp\... {2 more items}

(Note the \... being appended to File1.cpp and File2.cpp in the command line.  This is not there in p4v 2017.2 where the bug does not appear.)

Whereas if I don't uncheck anything and let it reconcile everything, this is what I see in the log:

p4 reconcile -f -n c:\Project\Dir1\Dir2\Dir3\Dir4\...

p4 reconcile -f -c default c:\Project\Dir1\Dir2\Dir3\Dir4\...

#14 mister_wilson

mister_wilson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:19 PM

I can also confirm that the issue is still present on Rev. P4V/NTX64/2017.3/1592764
Also noticed that whenever you hit F5 to refresh the pending changelist, the have revision number field jumps randomly from 0 to an insanely large numeric value (see attached image).

Attached Thumbnails

• sample1.png

#15 Help

Help

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:01 PM

Confirming, still broken in the latest version.

#16 David Yerkess

David Yerkess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:00 PM

I have just reverted to P4V/NTX64/2017.3/1582486, because P4V/NTX64/2017.3/1592764 has the described problem.

#17 dmor

dmor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:25 AM

When can we expect a fix for this issue?

#18 P4Reg

P4Reg

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 64 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:33 AM

Hi

While I don't have an exact date the next patch release (P4V 2017.3 patch 3) which contains a fix should be released very soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users