1 reply to this topic

#1 GregR

GregR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:42 PM

Hi all,

I have seen another post like this, but didn't quite get the description. I have been using perforce for some time now, we have been using the default depot on a server and it has been working fine. I have not used command line, only the GUI and it has been working.... so far! We now have a need for a second depot. These are the steps I have taken via the gui.
  • login to P4 admin > create a new local depot, depot name is sandpit. Storage location for files is sandpit/...
  • I have an unreal project already created called sandpit
  • login to P4v > create a new workspace
    • workspace name is sandpit_ghost
    • workspace root is d:\unreal projects\sandpit
    • workspace mapping is //sandpit/...   //sandpit_ghost/sandpit/... (it did show the default depot as well but I removed that entry)
    • switch to new workspace immediately
    • Advanced tab was left as is
    • click ok
    • click no to choose a different location for the workspace
  • Now I select the top folder showing under the workspace and click Add
  • In the log it starts
    • P4 add -d -c default d:\unreal projects\sandpit\ lists a couple of files and in braces 387 more
    • no files opened
    • 390 warnings reported
    • then lists each file with a file(s) not in client view.
If you need to see screen shots of particular things that are command line, please be kind and give me the command line to run so I can screen shot it for you. I would have thought based on the initial setup I had done it was done via gui and no command line and it work, albeit on the default depot, so I would have assumed that it would just work via the gui. and I know what an assumption is.......(lol)

So any suggestions, advice or what other steps I am missing that need to be done will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Greg

#2 Lennart Kjellén

Lennart Kjellén

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:58 PM

You have defined your workspace only to include files in the subfolder sandpit under the workspace root, i.e. files "d:\unreal projects\sandpit\sandpit\...". Just change the workspace mapping to include everything under the workspace root and it will work as you expect it to.

Workspace mapping
//sandpit/... //sandpit_ghost/...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depot, workspace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users