P4V 2017.3 Address bar autoamtically tries to find path (Windows)

Addres bar depot view Windows copy/paste

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hatters

hatters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:58 AM

Hi there,

I have recently updated to 2017.3 . I'm not sure of the previous version, I have gone from red icon to blue icon :)

Anyway, the behaviour of the address bar has changed - as soon as you paste a depot/local view path in it will automatically try and find that location.
This is pretty irritating if you work across streams and paste locations from a different stream (with the intent to edit it) as it immediately pops up a dialog box stating the path cannot be found; made worse by the fact it doesn't always re-focus back on the address bar after the dialog box is dismissed. The warning dialog box can also appear whilst typing in the address bar, which is even worse.

Also not helped by years of use where you had to press enter, so I paste some paths in and automatically press enter, and end up opening whatever file/directory I was trying to find.

I've had a look at the options and didn't see a way to revert this behaviour - does anyone know if it is possible to revert?

Thanks,

#2 myocom

myocom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:34 PM

This is particularly annoying when copy/pasting a file with a revision specifier at the end.  Yes, thanks - I know there's no such file as //depot/some/path/file.txt#4.

I'd love for this to be either restored to the old behavior or at least have an option to turn it off.

#3 jholland

jholland

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 03:05 PM

Can we get an admin reply to this? This is a huge and unnecessary change that destroys productivity. It's not even called out in the release notes.

#4 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 343 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:15 PM

I have written a request on behalf of hatters, myocum and jholland to change this behavior so that instead of automatically finding the file, the enter key must be pressed like earlier versions of P4V.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Addres bar, depot view, Windows, copy/paste

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users