4 replies to this topic

#1 NasteX

NasteX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:43 PM

Hello!

I got some problems with submitting new files with scandinavian characters (Ø,Æ,Å) and this will be a long process for me to rename everything. Is it possible to make the P4V to submit any type word characters from any language. If so how? I dont know what exactly is the problem, I just noticed that only the files that have scandinavian characters doesnt get added/updated.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:54 PM

Is your server in Unicode mode?  If so, does your character set in P4V match the codepage for your local system?

#3 NasteX

NasteX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:12 PM

View PostSambwise, on 04 December 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

Is your server in Unicode mode?  If so, does your character set in P4V match the codepage for your local system?

I am still kinda newbie when it comes to Perforce. How do I check this? Is it about this ? If so I havent done this, but it sounds like a solution to me if I am correct?
Thank you for response!

#4 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:31 PM

View PostNasteX, on 04 December 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

I am still kinda newbie when it comes to Perforce. How do I check this? Is it about this ? If so I havent done this, but it sounds like a solution to me if I am correct?
Thank you for response!

Yes, potentially.  Just be aware that Unicode handling adds a new layer of complexity -- someday you may end up having to debug why these files won't sync on some other machine that's using a different character set.  Make sure to read and understand everything in that KB article before flipping the big Unicode switch.  :)

#5 NasteX

NasteX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 03:23 PM

Thank you very much for the help! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users