• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MichaelK

MichaelK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:54 PM

Hello, I use your free single user Perforce server version and I have used to address the Perforce support with some error reports once in a while for the last ten years or something (the previous six or seven years there was no need for this). But today I have gotten a reply that reads that I am not eligible to enter a support ticket. I do not need any help I just want to report a behavior that I believe is a error. So if you are interested the description and screenshots are in the #00302052.

--
Michael

#2 briand

briand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:10 AM

There have been many changes like this since Perforce was sold to an equity investment company. Many things that were taken for granted 2-3 years ago are no longer common place.
--
Brian

#3 P4Jen

P4Jen

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:46 AM

Hi Michael,

As other users have said, Perforce does no longer offer support for the free version of the software.

If you are reporting a bug, someone from our sales team may let support know so we can investigate, however you may not receive
feedback.

You are also welcome to report possible bugs on this forum.

I am going to double check if we have a special policy for reporting security bugs and will update this thread with my findings.

Thanks,
Jen.

#4 MichaelK

MichaelK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:52 AM

You forum does not like IE (I cannot quote, paste, type normally, etc). And you probably shall not hurry up with checking on you policies right now and wait a little – the things are changing too quick now. On the 10th of November I have gotten an email from the Perforce support "Hi there, thanks for your feedback. We listened carefully" and fixed everything and "if you have any questions Contact us (support@perforce.com)". BTW I have checked it and your support even answered my question about the accent of your new CEO. So it was "any question" indeed. But everything changes…

--
Michael

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users