1 reply to this topic

#1 jes

jes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

Hi guys,

Im trying to set up a perforce server to collaborate between a few developers.

I've managed to get it running, I can connect to it remotely via SSL and login via p4v or p4admin.

However, I've failed multiple times now to figure out how to correctly create a workspace that can be accessed by multiple developers.

It's very possible that I've mistaken how workspaces are meant to work, and If that is the case please do let me know...

Anyway. I go through the procedure found in the knowledge for how to create a workspace. I create it on the server machine, adding files via p4v.

But whenever I try to access it from a remote machine I get errors like this:

Posted Image

Attempting to access the workspace in Unreal gives me a similar error.

Am I misunderstanding how this process is meant to work? I tried creating a workspace on the remote machine, but again I'm met with similar errors.

I've furiously googled for assistance, but I cannot find anything useful. It's possible that I'm terrible at googling, and if this is the case, kindly point me towards a link or a kb article that expresses how to do this.

Thanks,
J

#2 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1004 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 04:41 PM

Each developer should have their own workspace on their own machine.

The idea is that each workspace corresponds to a space where one person does their work on their local machine; each client workspace on each client maps to the same depot on the server.

When you sync, new stuff comes from the depot to your workspace, and when you submit, new stuff goes from your workspace to the depot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: workspace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users