3 replies to this topic

#1 ssegal

ssegal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 09:20 PM

Hello all:

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for asking this question; my apologies if I have chosen poorly.

I'm attempting to set up integration between Perforce (P4V 2017.3) and Labview 2017 SP1f1 on Windows 7x64. The guidance that I can find from both National Instruments and Perforce indicates that the way to do this is through the P4SCC plugin.

Perforce reference: http://answers.perfo...&fs=Search&pn=1
NI KnowledgeBase reference: 5LPH87UB

Unfortunately for me, the advice is out of date. I gather from my reading that SCC was able to integrate with any IDE. Unfortunately for me, it appears that the move to P4VS removed that capability. Since it's a Visual Studio extension, it has no support for other IDEs.

Has anyone out there run into this yet? If so, any thoughts on how to work around the problem? Perhaps the only choice going forward is to use the more limited integration between LabVIEW and Perforce's command line interface.

I'm going to cross-post this question on National Instruments' user forum as well.

#2 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:32 PM

Wayback machine to the rescue?

#3 p4bill

p4bill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:22 PM

Unfortunately, if your version of Labview is x64, I think this is your answer:

Perhaps the only choice going forward is to use the more limited integration between LabVIEW and Perforce's command line interface.

If I recall correctly, x86 P4SCC will not integrate with x64 Labview. If you are able to use x86 Labview, P4SCC may work. There is a standalone installer of that here:

ftp://ftp.perforce.com/perforce/r12.1/bin.ntx86/

#4 ssegal

ssegal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:42 PM

Replying to P4Bill: We use x86 LabVIEW on x64 machines (WoW). I believe this is pretty standard across the LabVIEW user community for most implementations, as NI never really "finished" LabVIEW x64. It lacks some important standard tools. The lack of native database management tools in LabVIEW x64 is a particular annoyance for us. I think most folks tend to avoid LabVIEW x64 unless their project really requires access to a lot of memory (image processing tasks, for example).

Anyway, I tried the 2012 version of the SCC plugin. It seems to be working nicely so far. I guess this is an acceptable solution until that stops working with newer versions of the main Perforce program. I still haven't tried the command-line interface.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users