mister_wilson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:19 PM

Hi,

I'm currently using P4V Rev. P4V/NTX64/2018.1/1637591 and the server version is P4D/LINUX26X86_64/2016.2/1568552 (2017/09/20).
I ran a 'p4 switch mystream' operation with no reconcile arguments on the command line and it correctly switched to my stream with all the reconcile options as it says in the help.
However it tried to create a client spec with slash characters in its name and automatically shelved my opened files. The problem is that the client doesn't seem to exist and I cannot delete the pending changelist although I was able to delete the shelved files in the changelist.

it constantly gives the error message when i try to delete the changelist:

Slashes (/) not allowed in 'jwilson-MTL-MYPC-Editor//mydepot/mystream'.

I can't even create this client because of the above error message. Can you tell me how i can delete this changelist?

Thanks,

-Jonathan Wilson

Attached Thumbnails

• perforce-changelist.png

#2 mister_wilson

mister_wilson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:21 PM

Just fyi, I've sent this to support@perforce.com and am currently in talks with them.

#3 Matt Janulewicz

Matt Janulewicz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:53 PM

We came across this same behavior/bug in a slightly older 2016.2 p4d. It was fairly easily reproducible by shelving files in a streams depot/workspace from an edge server then hitting ctrl+c while it was transferring the shelved files to our commit server (global shelves enabled.)

The remedy was a journal patch from Perforce support. I haven't read the latest release notes since our last upgrade so I'm not sure if this was fixed or mitigated, but in my experience the phantom change and workspace didn't have much of an effect on day to day operations, it mostly just caused some aesthetic issues when doing a 'p4 verify' on shelves.
-Matt Janulewicz
Staff SCM Engineer, Perforce Administrator
Dolby Laboratories, Inc.
1275 Market St.
San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
majanu@dolby.com

#4 mister_wilson

mister_wilson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:47 PM

Hi Matt,

Just a quick update: We are currently in talks with Perforce support and our company admins about the having a journal patch to clean it up". You are right BTW about the phantom change and workspaces not having much of an effect on day-to-day stuff.

Cheers,

-JW

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: P4V, Perforce, Streams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users