• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kewpcg

kewpcg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

Am I the only one who is missing the checkmark to indicate how files are currently being sorted?  When I click on the AZ button to select the sort order in PV4, I can see whether the current sort is Ascending or Descending, but never a checkmark in the above grouping (File, Revision, Date Modified, etc.) to show which sort category is active.  Seems like it would be done pretty easily, and should be a part of the UI already.  That's why I am wondering if we're just missing it due to it being the free version of P4V or something like that?

#2 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 285 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:39 PM

P4V is free and I see checkmarks above the "Ascending order" line.  Install the latest P4V 2018.2 and see if the problem continues.

#3 kewpcg

kewpcg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 12:19 AM

Thank you for your reply.  I have the latest as well (2018.2) but it never shows a checkmark for me.  Can you show me a screenshot of how yours appears with the checkmark indicating the sort?  I wonder what would cause it to not function for my P4V file list -- it has never worked for me.

#4 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 285 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:35 PM

See image attached.  Do you see the checkmarks next to "File" and "Ascending Order"?

Attached Thumbnails

• A-Z.jpeg

#5 kewpcg

kewpcg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:15 AM

Oh, I see where we are having a difference, and I may not have been clear in my original posting.  The A-Z sort for pending changelists (the button on the far right) is the one that actually works as it should.
I am referring to the A-Z sort button that appears on the left panel, to control the sort of files/folders in the Depot or Workspace.  Thanks!

PS - How do you attach a jpeg or image file?  I had a screenshot but don't see any easy way to attach it to this post from my local machine.

#6 kewpcg

kewpcg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:10 PM

file:///C:/Temp/The%20Other%20A-Z.jpg

#7 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

Put it in Dropbox, imgur, etc and you can link to it.  You can't link directly to something on your local machine.

Alternatively, if you click "More Reply Options" you can attach it (the inline/thumbnail experience is not great though).

#8 kewpcg

kewpcg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:53 PM

To revisit the original question... am I the only one who is missing the checkmark to indicate how files are currently being sorted in the Depot/Workspace pane?  Or is this an oversight/bug in the PV4 UI?  

#9 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 285 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:57 PM

I reproduced the problem, and it appears to be a bug.
The A Z Sorting icon above the depot/workspace tree does not show a checkbox with the current sorting option. Ascending or descending will be checked, but not the sorting option.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open P4V
2. To the right of Depot or Workspace tab, click on icon with up/down arrow A Z
3. Note Ascending Order or Descending Order does have a checkmark
Expect to see checkmark next to File, Revision, Date Modified, Size, Ext., or Filetyp
4. Click View, Pending Changelists
Note icon with up/down arrow A Z to the right.  Note checkmark on one of the items above "Ascending Order"

Thanks for reporting this!  I have logged this bug on your behalf.

#10 kewpcg

kewpcg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:23 AM

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users