4 replies to this topic

#1 Klerick

Klerick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 04:50 PM

Hello!

I was using the P4V client yesterday without any problems, but earlier today I tried to connect to my server and I received this error:

Connect to server failed; check $P4PORT.
TCP connect to <name>:1666 failed.
connect: <ip>:1666: WSAECONNREFUSED

* Hid my username and IP address in this post for privacy reasons

I shut down my computer last night and allowed it to update Windows 10 overnight. I am currently on the latest version of Windows 10, which is version 1803 released on May 8.

My version of the P4V client is as follows: P4V/NTX64/2017.3/1601999

As I mentioned at the top of this post, P4V was working just fine yesterday. I haven't changed any information since I first created the server. Please respond as soon as possible, as I need to use Perforce for my work.

Thank you in advance!

#2 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:32 AM

The WSAECONNREFUSED is usually a firewall issue.  Disable all firewalls temporarily and retry.

#3 jakeqz

jakeqz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:03 AM

Same problem after Windows just decided to update to version 1903 (OS build 18362.387) without my asking or consulting me.

I have disabled Windows Firewall and it doesn't make any difference.  I don't have any other firewalls or anti-virus software.

Help please!

#4 jakeqz

jakeqz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 01:13 AM

UPDATE: I found that the Perfoce service was not running after Windows Upadte.  Manually starting the service resolved the problem.

#5 dtveraas

dtveraas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 04:25 AM

I've been getting the same message, but my Perforce Service has not stopped and taking my Firewalls down does not make any difference. Any other ideas?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p4v, windows

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users