3 replies to this topic

#1 chelios2k

chelios2k

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 02:19 PM

Hi,

We are going to change our server's ip. Once got perpetual license one year support subscription had been expired couples years ago. Can we get new license file with no additional fees?

#2 P4Adam

P4Adam

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 02:45 PM

You can request an updated license file at no additional cost by submitting the Change of Server form found at the following link. Please note, however, this service is available to customers with a current support agreement in place (as noted on that page). If your support agreement has expired, as yours appears to have done, I suggest you contact your account manager to reinstate the support agreement.

https://www.perforce...-server-request

Hope this helps!

#3 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 242 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:38 PM

From chelios2k:

Hi P4Adam,
I find that your statemaent about necessity of active support subscription as the only way to change our p4-server's ip address sounds hypocritical. Paying tens of thousands bucks to get the new licence key looks like not so quite "at no additional cost". What do you think?

I've also surfed the forum and found that other licensees had a success in getting new license file without renewing support subscription https://forums.perfo...ade/#entry20117
Have the Terms of Service changed since that moment?

#4 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 242 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:44 PM

The Terms of Service have not changed recently as far as I know, and you would be notified if your terms have changed.  Contact your Perforce account manager or send an email to sales@perforce.com and let them know of your situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users