• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dgnuff

dgnuff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:03 AM

If I right click on a folder in the workspace view in p4v.exe one of the menu entries is "Folder History" which shows a list of all checkins that have affected files in the folder.

Is there any way to get this same listing from the command line with p4.exe?  The closest I have achieved is to say "p4 filelog path/to/folder/... which then lists the file history for every file under the named folder.  The information is contained in that listing, but not in a particularly useful format.

The ultimate goal I'm trying to achieve is to use the most recent changelist number checked in to the folder as the build number for product versioning.  If there are any other ways to get that information into a file based on the "folder history" that would provide a solution.

#2 P4Reg

P4Reg

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 10:27 AM

If you go to Edit->Preferences->Logging and make sure "Show p4 reporting commands.." is checked, then look in the P4V log pane (if it isn't visible then open it from View->Log) you can see it runs p4 changes commands when the "Show folder history" is selected

e.g.

p4 changes -s submitted -l -m 100
p4 changes -s submitted -l -m 100 //depot/path/...

Hopefully that will give you the sort of information you can use.

#3 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:19 PM

View Postdgnuff, on 28 July 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

The ultimate goal I'm trying to achieve is to use the most recent changelist number checked in to the folder as the build number for product versioning.

p4 changes -m1 //depot/folder/...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users