1 reply to this topic

#1 jediahswi

jediahswi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:27 PM

Hello all,

Many times I will have a single p4v error or warning which gets cut off in the p4v client. For example, I'm currently performing a merge down, and I get 1 warning:
//MyWorkspace/... - file(s) not opened on this client
My Workspace is a longer string, and the filename gets cutoff by this warning. Is there any way I can see this extended log to find out which file the client is talking about?

My true error also is that I'm merging down from a virtual stream, and I get an error that all the changes have already been integrated (along with the above warning). Is there a way to get more info about this? The green arrow indicating that there is more content to merge down is still active, yet when trying to merge I always get the warning and error.

Thanks for any help!

- Jed

#2 Sambwise

Sambwise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 03:24 PM

Either that's new P4V behavior or you have a REALLY long workspace name!  I've had trouble before with P4V not showing useful error messages, but I don't think I've ever seen it go to the lengths of actually truncating a filename.

I'd just do the merge from the command line, since you'll always get the original error message that way.  The "file(s) not opened" either means the file is in a really weird state (like it's synced to another depot path and it's open so it can't be opened for merge under the correct depot path) or that P4V is trying to do something fancier than simply open the file and it's not running the right command.  Just run:

p4 merge --from STREAM

and see whether there are any errors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users