• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JJoy

JJoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:55 AM

My swarm can't make a review if file has '+l' option. So I need to configure 'filetype.bypasslock=1' in Perforce.

But i can't sure about this option works only swarm review, maybe it works with real file in perforce that has '+l' option.

So I want someone to tell me clearly.

Thank you.

#2 simonswartz

simonswartz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:02 AM

I'm wondering the same thing. We've configured XLSX files to have an exclusive lock by default (p4 typemap). We can start a swarm review, but, if one updates the file in the review things get weird. Normally the list of changes would get a new entry (e.g. #2 date). However with the exclusive lock it does not. I think I've also seen something strange with emails not going out to reviewers, but, I can't confirm that 100% yet.

#3 simonswartz

simonswartz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:59 PM

Today I experimented with setting filetype.bypasslock=1 after reading the Handling Exclusive Locks section of https://www.perforce...p.perforce.html

Unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem. Swarm reviews with files that have the filetype of exclusive lock still don't show file revision in the drop down list. The list always says #1.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swarm, review, exclusive, bypasslock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users