1 reply to this topic

#1 jojoOrion

jojoOrion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:17 AM

Hi,

I cannot use Diff in my perforce client. It is a new install on Win 10 and all other Win 10 machines except this one are working fine.

The error message is :

Can't create directory for C:\Users\ myuser \AppData\Local\Temp;C:\user;\p4v\A09564BC_10.20.49.2_1666\Sources\mainline\MyApp\cmd\restore_backup#2.cs
mkdir: C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp;C:: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

The command in problem machine is: (Don’t know C\User comes after Temp)
p4 print -o C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp;C:\user;\p4v\A09564BC_10.20.49.2_1666\Sources\mainline\MyApp\cmd\restore_backup#2.cs //Sources/mainline/MyApp/cmd/restore_backup.cs#2

When I do same from other machines, it is coming as:
p4 print -o C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp\p4v\A09564BC_10.20.49.2_1666\Sources\mainline\MyApp\cmd\restore_backup#2.cs //Sources/mainline/MyApp/cmd/restore_backup.cs#2

Please help...

#2 p4rfong

p4rfong

Advanced Member

• Staff Moderators
  • 285 posts

Posted 20 August 2018 - 06:46 PM

Check your Temp variable.  It seems be incorrect with a semicolon and a path added to it.
Run from a command prompt

set

and look for TEMP and TMP.

To change the TEMP and TMP variables, right-click Computer, Advanced system settings, Advanced, Environmental Variables and make sure TEMP and TMP only have %USERPROFILE%\AppDeata\Local\Temp and nothing else.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Diff, Mkdir, p4v, print

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users